- Development of Sheep & Goat sector to meet 70% of
local mutton demand by 2022 in the State (400 lac kgs).
- Stabilize the gain made in fine wool production.
- Horizontal expansion of elite mutton type Germplasm
(Rams) to be used in priority areas.
- Establishment of elite mutton type stud Ram mother
- Expansion and improving of such existing schemes
(Mini Sheep Farms) to those areas where employment
generation can be tapped.
- Devising pilot projects in a phased manner for
introduction of A.I in Sheep & Goat.
- ETT to expand the elite gene base of the selected
- Introduction of mutton breed Dorper.
- Introgression of high fecundity gene (FEC-B) and its
- To develop goat in potentially niche areas as a
- To bring improvement in goats by introduction of
exotic Germplasm and selective breeding of native
Germplasm of Kagani and Beetal.