- Development of Sheep & Goat sector to meet 70% of local mutton demand by 2017 in the State (465 lac kgs).
- Stabilize the gain made in fine wool production.
- Horizontal expansion of elite mutton type Germplasm (Rams) to be used in priority areas.
- Establishment of elite mutton type stud Ram mother farms.
- Expansion and improving of such existing schemes (Mini Sheep Farms) to those areas where employment generation can be tapped.
- Devising pilot projects in a phased manner for introduction of A.I in Sheep & Goat.
- ETT to expand the elite gene base of the selected breeds.
- Introduction of mutton breed Dorper.
- Introgression of high fecundity gene (FEC-B) and its propagations.
- To develop goat in potentially niche areas as a thrust sector.
- To bring improvement in goats by introduction of exotic Germplasm and selective breeding of native Germplasm of Kagani and Beetal.