- Development of Sheep & Goat sector to meet 70% of
local mutton demand in the Union Territory.
- Stabilize the gain made in fine wool production.
- Horizontal expansion of elite mutton type Germplasm
(Rams) to be used in priority areas.
- Establishment of elite mutton type stud Ram mother
- Expansion and improving of such existing schemes
(Mini Sheep Farms) to those areas where employment
generation can be tapped.
- Horizontal and vertical growth of sheep and goat
population for sustainable development of the sector.
- To introduce indigenous breeds of sheep/goat found
in other part of the country, in potential areas after
studying their performance and adaptability.
- Introduction of mutton breed Dorper.
- Introgression of high fecundity gene (FeC-B) and its
- To develop goat in potentially niche areas as a
- To bring improvement in goats by introduction of
exotic Germ-plasm and selective breeding of native
Germ-plasm of Kagani and Beetal.