AIM & OBJECTIVES
The main aims and objectives of the department are:
- To improve the production of wool and mutton both qualitatively and quantitatively so as to improve the socio- economic status of sheep rearing communities on one hand and to meet the demand of wool and mutton to maximum level on other hand by way of extensive cross breeding programme.
- To study the problems of Sheep Husbandry Sector in respect of feeding, management & Disease control and to implement the programmes accordingly.
- Provision of employment generation through Machine Shearing Scheme, Para Veterinary Service Scheme and Organized Sheep Farming.
- Organizing extension programmes to acquaint the sheep and goat breeders in latest technical know how through awareness camps and training programmes.
- Improving fodders resources / pasture development.
VISION AND MISSION:
- Attain self sufficiency in livestock products.
- Improving genetic potential of indigenous stock by utilizing modern scientific tools available.
- Sustain efforts in livestock sector to attain perceptible change in economic growth of the State.
- Ensuring a healthy society by safe guarding against zoonotic disease through surveillance and monitoring of livestock.