AIM & OBJECTIVES
The main aims and objectives of the department are:
- To improve the production of wool and mutton both
qualitatively and quantitatively so as to improve the socio-
economic status of sheep rearing communities on one hand and
to meet the demand of wool and mutton to maximum level on
other hand by way of extensive cross breeding programme.
- To study the problems of Sheep Husbandry Sector in
respect of feeding, management & Disease control and to
implement the programmes accordingly.
- Provision of employment generation through Organized
Sheep & Goat Farming.
- Organizing extension programmes to acquaint the sheep
and goat breeders in latest technical know how through
awareness camps and training programmes.
- Improving fodders resources / pasture development.
VISION AND MISSION:
- To bridge the gap between demand and supply in
- Improving genetic potential of indigenous stock by
utilizing modern scientific tools available.
- Sustain efforts in livestock sector to attain
perceptible change in economic growth of the State.
- Ensuring a healthy society by safe guarding against
zoonotic disease through surveillance and monitoring of